The Waikato Radiocarbon Dating Laboratory has one of the most successful research records within the Faculty of Science and Engineering. Past and present grants include:
- ARC Linkage Grant (LP110100180): Enhancing cultural heritage management for mining operations. The Weipa shell mounds project.
- RSNZ Marsden Award (UOO022): The passage of time. Dating the prehistory of southern China and southeast Asia.
- International Mobility Fund: Assessment of Contemporary versus Late Glacial/Early Holocene climate variability based upon isotopes from the NZ kauri tree-ring archive.
- Mighty River Power Grant: Timing of the post-Taupo eruption break-out flood.
- NSF Grant (0849407): Archaeological, geomorphological and ethno-ecological investigations of Tokelau: origins, migrations, adaptations and ecological dynamics of an atoll people.
- FRST Grant (PROP-20224-SFK-UOA): Sub-fossil kauri collection and analysis.
- Macquarie University Research Grant: Enhancing cultural heritage management for mining operations: A multi-disciplinary approach. The Weipa shell mounds project.
- RSNZ Marsden Award (UOW-0606): Extending the interhemispheric 14C offset record to investigate global climatic, environmental and archaeological change.
- RSNZ Marsden Award (UOW-0502): The last migration: improving the shell chronology.
- RSNZ Marsden Award (UOW-0302):14C calibration and palaeoclimate during OIS3.
- FRST Grant (UOW-609): NZ past climates.
- FRST Grant (UOW-508): NZ past climates.